Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Thursday, December 13, 2012

AFTER THE BLUE CHAIR

Well, before I even had a chance to post the first image from my miniature chair collection, I already received something from a viewer which generated a new poem!  Woot!  Thanks to Mel Nichols who sent me a colorized b&w pinhole camera image:


(Photo Credit Mel Nichols)

Shortly after receiving her image, I had to go out on errands.  But the image obviously sparked something in me as, while I was driving around, I ended up mentally writing the following poem in response:

Because Color is a Narrative
--after Mel Nichols

if empty
then blue

like the lemon
molding to gray

or my love
freezing to salt

when unused

Love it slant!  Love how poetry extends: how a chair inspires a poem not (only) about a chair...!

Thanks Mel!



No comments:

Post a Comment