Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Sunday, January 27, 2013

A FONDNESS FOR FOUNDNESS: A POETICS

Everyone is invited to "Books on Chairs" but I also am making books for this project. What's been surprising is how I've taken so quickly to making the type of books I'm creating: books based on what randomly surfaces in my environment (e.g. the junk mail I receive) rather than based on something I intend to write about.  Now I'm realizing that these tiny books are just another extension of my long-held poetics practice of wishing "to write in the world in the poem" versus relying on the constraints of my "I" -- and "eye."  Of course, in creating works this way, one hopes that one's "I" -- and "eye" -- are also widened in expanse and vision. One hopes ... anyway, here, to date, are books reflecting my fondness for foundness (click on the titles below for more info).  If the named author is someone else instead of Moi, it's because I "edited" that person's book into its tiny being.  (They are listed in reverse chronological order of their making. I will update this list as I generate more books--you can click on its link to the right under "Empty Chair Poetry" if you want to follow it.)


RECIPES: 3 POSTCARD POEMS by Amanda Laughtland




*****

WAKE UP! by E.R. Tabios



*****


My First Book by E.R. Tabios



*****

ELEVATED LFTs by E.R. Tabios




*****

STRIKE JOY / JOY: A GLOBAL PRIORITY, Vol. III by E.R. Tabios



*****

JOY: A GLOBAL PRIORITY, Vol. I by E.R. Tabios




*****
5 SKETCHES by Ed Baker




*****

MAY JOY by E.R. Tabios





*****

SON LOVE ENCYCLOPEDIA by Michael P.


  

*****





*****

LAVENDER by Coi

 


*****

L   . by Genara Tilan



*****

AGAIN2 by Joanne Kyger



*****

A FISHY ? by E.R. Tabios


*****


NOTA BENE by E.R. Tabios



*****


SELECTED BOOK COVERS by Jukka-Pekka Kervinen





*****

LOVING DETAIL by Eleni Sikelanios




*****

MISSING MOM, Vol. I by E.R. Tabios 


*****

MEMORY by Erin Virgil



*****


WHAT REINDEER THINK by E.R. Tabios




*****

THE SECRET by E.R. Tabios



*****






*****


Time is of the Essence by Fil Tabios



*****


THE CALL OF THE BABAYLAN MANDALA by Perla Paredes Daly



*****

THE LAST WORDS I COULD NOT SAY by Beatriz Tilan Tabios


*****

GO / DIVA by Moi


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment