Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"I LOVE YOU" FROM TEN THOUSAND VILLAGES

As I took down the Christmas trees, I found another tree ornament that can be used as a mini-book for the "Books on Chairs" project. (I'm posting it also because it can suggest a way to make a mini-book, and I know some of you are looking for ideas.) This is an accordion book that, when folded, looks like this 2.25" x 2.5" Lovely Little:



When opened, the book becomes a banner that one can unfold:



On each side of the banner is a thread tie for the tree, but which also loops around the book when closed, per above first image.



I think this item was actually a gift from a friend who probably purchased it from the admirable Fair Trade store, Baksheesh.  A label states "Ten Thousand Villages" which could be the manufacturer, and that it was made in Bangladesh.  Thank you, Mollie!  (The dogs miss you!)

And where shall we sit this book?  Well, why not on one of the lovely Artesania D'Carela chairs! (And may I say how tickled I am that the maker of these chairs--in the Dominican Republic!--found this blog through the wonders of the internet--click on link, if you wish and scroll down to Comments!  Muchas Gracias, Senor Fausto Carela!)




No comments:

Post a Comment