Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

"ARE YOU BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE I LOVE YOU?"

This is my second purchase from Etsy artist Mary Scheller


I didn’t mind getting a living room set in order to get its chair.  I love the fabric of this set.  Mary describes the furniture as “just like the set Mom and Dad had in the 70's. Extra wide sofa and chair.  Includes Ottoman and removable pillows. Glittery chocolate brown and aqua fabric with silver outline design. Matching silver painted wooden legs.”

Her description inspired the following poem(-draft):


OBJECT AS SUBJECT


Woody Allen posits
(he usually posits)
in "Midnight in Paris"
the Golden Age is
always (in the) past.

Look how beautiful
she made this '70s furniture.
Looking, I see how wrong
I was to believe there was
nothing beautiful about
the decade that gilded disco.

Poetry teaches the errors
of philosophy.  For example,

Beauty is not an Ideal
but Eminem's confusion
(as cited by my beautiful son
on the non-Ideal called Facebook):

"are u beautiful coz i love u
or do i love you coz you're beautiful?"

 

[Prov.: Direct from Mary Scheller/Insidemydollhouse.com/Etsy.  Scale: Approx. sofa is 8" L x 1/2" H at top of back. Chair is 4" L x 4" w x 4 1/2" H at top of back. Ottoman is Approx. 4" L x 2 1/4" w x 2" H . Pillows are 2" x 2". (set of 6)

No comments:

Post a Comment