Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Sunday, December 23, 2012

A CHAIR FOR A HEART

Yes, I have the token Playdoh project by my son.  He built me -- okay, he built it for a class project but gave it to Moi! -- what I consider to be a Chair For A Heart:


The cradle is Playdoh, the cushion is from cotton balls and the heart is papier-mache.  Here are the individual components:



Art Criticism Alert: The "chair" appropriately is a cradle rather than the conventional chair because of the subject matter's requirement of care, intimacy and love.  Equally appropriate, the cradle must come with an attached hand (brown Playdoh) to hold on to the heart.  The heart, interestingly, is not out of Playdoh but from the more fragile papier-mache material because the heart is, uh, fragile.  And that is your art criticism du jour; I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed blathering it.

Nota Bene: for some real art criticism albeit still in non-conventional ways (because Moi is non-conventional), feel free to check out my books MY ROMANCE or, in short story form, BEHIND THE BLUE CANVAS (the latter if you're feeling frisky). 

Synchronistically, my son was eating a pear the other day and he carved this out:


My son, my one and only son: he is my undisputed Heart...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Alex. My son is groaning somewhere in the universe but Mama Moi is relentless ... :)

    ReplyDelete