Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

GAME ON!

Mary Scheller is among the artists I've discovered on Etsy.com making miniature chairs.  She started making dollhouse furniture as a piece worker at Mini Graphics in 1998 where she also later designed some pieces. Her Etsy store is her attempt to sell her her own designs from her collection.

I love this chair which is a swivel-base, "gamer type chair" with attached pillow and matching soft ottoman.  She made the chair about 2-3 months ago after seeing its fabric at a Walmart. Mary says the inspiration for this set of furniture, as with most of her pieces, comes from seeing actual furniture at stores or the internet.  The inspiration for this had a different base--a swivel base (vs the fixed wooden base she made) with metal castors.  Anyway, I think the result is quite fetching. 


[Prov.: Direct from Mary Scheller/Insidemydollhouse.com/Etsy.  Scale: Approx. 3"L x 3"w x 6 1/4" H at top of back. Ottoman is approx. 2 1/2" w x 2"H.]

2 comments:

  1. I love miniature chairs! I love this one. The fabric is a favorite of mine. I haven't used in on any furniture yet, but I've made several pillows (cushions). I love mid-century style, and the pattern is similar to Mondrian art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, some of my thoughts exactly!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete