Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ANONYMOUS GOLD

Years ago, after visiting various exhibits at New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art, the hubby and I stopped off at its gift store.  There, we saw this enchanting chair pendant.  Of course the hubby immediately gifted Moi with it. 
Looking at it now, I know it must have been a replica of a real chair.  But I can't place the chair (though it does look familiar).  The "block" upon which the base sits is a square with those cross-like structures on all four sides. If you know the chair, please identify it for me (I'll give you a poetry book in exchange!).  Here it is:
**
Because form equals content, here's a hopeful 24-karats:
Poem
What else
is Anonymous
yet Gold?
What else
but what
you are reading!
[Prov.: Metropolitan Museum of Art gift store, New York. Scale: about 3/8 inch high]

No comments:

Post a Comment