Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Friday, February 8, 2013

STORY'S CHAIR

I have had the best mail days since I started SitWithMoi!  No wonder I'm saddened that the U.S. Postal Service is going to delete Saturday delivery!  How do you spell the sound of a bawling baby?  Anyway, ... yesterday provided great mail as I got a package from Colorado-based poet Erin Virgil:




It contained a lovely note, a lovely miniature chair, and a lovely tiny poetry book, handbook for withdrawal!  I will be writing on the poetry book in a future post, but for now would like to direct your attention to this lovely miniature chair that Erin says came from a friend's 12-year-old daughter named "Story."  Story!  Here is Story's Chair which has a wood frame and a lovely felt or felt-like cloth seat:





It may have been a toy, but it really has a charming presence.  Here's the back of it below, and I even like the "mark" of the child -- I picture a younger Story imagining some bountiful narrative as she imposed the green crayola on the back. Yes, bountiful!  Moi, as a toddler, was the type to slash a green crayola across a page and from such a mark would proclaim: "The grass is green!"  So, one never knows what encyclopedic-length narrative Story might been imagining as she scrawled against that frame:




I am delighted to welcome it to SitWithMoi's collection of miniature chairs.  Thank you, Erin ... and Story!

I've already created a mini-book to "shelve" on you, which will be the subject of the next post.


[Prov.: Erin Virgil. Size: 3.5" height, 3.75" width, and 1.5" seat depth.]

No comments:

Post a Comment