Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Sunday, February 3, 2013

LIKE MOTHER, LIKE SON, LIKE MOTHER

So I've obviously been obsessed with SitWithMoi in the last couple of months ... and the family has been observing such.  Well, the other day, my son came up to me and exclaimed, "Mom!  I made you a stool!"

I was so pleased.  Excitedly, Moi riposted: "Show Moi me!"

My 16-year-old showed me what I would come to label "Michael's Stool" (no pun intended. really).  Here is its global release:




I praised him to the north, to the south, to the east ... I praised him.  Hey, this is a 16-year-old boy so any engagement he shows with my life is a blessing!

So for the next hour or so, I kept looking at his stool and chuckling.  Then, I realized -- there's another chair in there....ta-dah.  Here is the global introduction to "Eileen's Chaise Lounge"!




Now, I could have stopped there (and nearly did) and the point would have been made.  But it felt like a poem cut off too short in its writing.  I looked around some more and ended up with this--a cardboard cut to the size of my chaise lounge and some of Mom's lovely fabric scrap:




I stretched out a single cotton ball for padding on the cardboard:




Then I folded the fabric over the above and created, ta-dah again, the chaise lounge pad for more comfortable seating!



Moi is either a genius ... or she just needs a new life.

But Moi is still very very proud of my beautiful son!  It's great to see his vision expand. Here he is, btw, Moi undisputed Heart:





No comments:

Post a Comment