Contact me through GalateaTen@aol.com

Sunday, February 24, 2013

THE BLUE CHAIR CHARMS

The first time I saw this painted chair, I found it charming:



The Etsy shopkeeper says she found it “broken and sad at a rummage sale. I brought it home, treated it with some glue and paint, and it is now standing proudly.”   She did a great paint job – here’s the back of the chair


But I was shocked when it first arrived in the house.  I had ordered it because it was described as being 6.75” tall.  That was apparently a typo – look at it sit cozily on the Strombecker-ish chair I’d ordered from the same store:



I immediately emailed the shopkeeper to return it.  In the hour it took for her to respond, though, the Blue Chair charmed its way into  moi heart:


So what the heck.  I welcomed her into my home and SitWithMoi. Poetry teaches: sometimes, you just gotta go with the flow…

[Prov.: The Blue Daizy. Size: 3 ¾” height x 1 ¾” width  x 1 ½” depth.]


No comments:

Post a Comment